In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Lake Jackson Lions Club’s ZombieFest 5K Fun Run is Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 11:00 am, at MacLean Park in Lake Jackson.
After a long pandemic hibernation, the Zombie Horde has awakened, and they are agitated and hungry! Can you survive the Zombie Horde by running through the woods without becoming infected? Or will you become a Zombie and join the Horde? Skill, speed, and guile may get you through unscathed.
Or you can come as a Zombie and chase the runners! How many can you ‘recruit’ to the horde?
Whether you choose to be a runner or a Zombie the proceeds of ZombieFest will go to help feed our local neighbors. Because real hunger is scary.
And if you bring canned food or extra $$ we will give you a really cool neck gaiter to protect your neck from the cold in the winter and hungry Zombies (no warranties against Zombie Infection).
All proceeds from ZombieFest will go to our local food banks, Brazosport Cares, The Food Basket, and The Dream Center.
What you pay: $30, $35 day of race
What you get: Besides an amazing time?? A T-shirt, a finishers medal, and bragging rights, if you survive.
All runners are encouraged to dress in costume to confuse the Zombies. I mean what Zombie wants to infect a Super Hero, or a big shaggy dog, or a dinosaur? Runner Costume contest after the run.
What you pay: $25, $35 day of race
What you get: A professional zombie transformation by Creepy Hollow makeup artists, a T-shirt, and a chance to satisfy your need for speed and fresh humans to infect.
T-Shirts for the first 100 Registered (and participating) Runners and Zombies.
We will have a kid’s run before the race at 10:45 am with medals for all runners. ZombieFest will also have a kid’s Zombie Costume Contest!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
The Zombie Horde naturally, being afraid of viruses, went into deep hibernation during the pandemic. However, they have emerged and are wildly restless and hungry!! To Celebrate and warn our Friends and Neighbors, the Lake Jackson Lions Club presents ZombieFest and 5K Fun Run! This is a Family Friendly event with Costume Contests, Performances, a DJ, Vendors, Food/Beverage trucks, and a Silent Auction.
A 5K Fun Run through the woods will challenge your evasion skills, or if you choose to be a Zombie, catch, infect, and release skills.
Bring canned food or extra $$ and we will give you a really cool neck gaiter to protect your neck from the cold in the winter and hungry Zombies (no warranties against Zombie Infection).
All proceeds from ZombieFest will go to our local food banks, Brazosport Cares, The Food Basket, and The Dream Center. Because real hunger is scary!
Can you survive the Zombie Apocalypse? The Zombies are famished! They were ready to eat in September but couldn't survive the brutal heat so they scurried back to the woods to sleep until it is cooler to feast. They have awakened and are hungry and restless. They need to eat and add to the Zombie Horde by infecting the local villagers (aka, you!). If you can make it through their lair with at least one ribbon intact you will have avoided their nibbles and infection! You will have three ribbons to pin to your waist area only. Can't be sneaky, the ribbons must go on your back at waist level. The Zombies are hungry but polite and they don't want to be grabbing any indecent parts; they were raised right by their Mamas in their previous lives after all. The first male and first female that make it through with at least one ribbon will win a super cool plaque that can hang their medal on. The out-reached hand can hold this year's medal and the next four years too!!! You don't have to necessarily be the fastest runner, maybe just the cleverest!!
Race Packet Pickup will be from 9:00 am to 10:30 am Race Day.
There will be a kids run at 10:45 am (free entry, medals for the kids).
ZombieFest 5K Fun Run will start at 11:00 am.
Feel the power and adrenaline charge of pursuing your prey as you attempt to consume the living, as they give in to the inevitable and embrace the other side, bringing out your inner undead.
Please register in advance, there are discounts for early registration. On arrival at the event go to registration, once checked in you will be given a pass to enter the zombie transformation zone,
ZOMBIE TRANSFORMATION ZONE
Makeup- 8:00 am to 10:00 am get there early! For more detail try to arrive by 8:00 am.
· We will have a team of special effects makeup artists to help complete your transformation into zombies.
· We use alcohol-based airbrush makeup that is durable and comfortable. These are excellent quality products, allergy is a risk you accept with any makeup, and is uncommon.
· Aftercare- To remove make up a washcloth, soap, and water do most of the work,
You may need make-up remover, alcohol (obviously not on your eyes), and maybe some lotion after.
· You should bring your own wardrobe
· Think about who your zombie was before crossing over, were they athletes, emergency first responders, military, circus people, rednecks, or students? Come up with something fun. Be aware this clothing will likely be destroyed with dirt, mud, or even blood (fake) so dress accordingly. Check thrift shops, garage sales, closets, or costume shops for your character.
· Grunge out your costume with distressing techniques. We will have a table set up with some distressing aids if you need help with that, sprays need time to dry so come early. Have other clothes to wear while you are distressing your costume.
ZOMBIE ORIENTATION AND TRAINING is at 10:15 AM
· LOCATION- Just across the bridge at the beginning of the nature trail
· Orientation, training, responsibilities, and trail placement at this time. Be prompt, Zombies will go out on the trail for their locations at 10:30 sharp.
· The way to consume life is flags.
· Please grab only one life flag per runner, flags should be on the belt only.
· Do not touch private areas (think bathing suit areas, if you are unsure). You should be aggressive and intimidating but direct and intentional contact between zombies and humans is prohibited. Give them a chance to survive or let another Zombie get them further down the trail. No injuries! We want the flesh fresh and damage free!
· Absolutely no weapons or any kind allowed!
· No drugs or alcohol. Fear and adrenaline are a good enough time.
· Please be respectful. Be safe, and use common sense.
THE HORDE HEADS OUT to the course at 10:30 AM sharp!
· Follow the leadership of your zone leader, they are there to make this a fun experience for you and the runners!
· Stay in your zone and stay immersed in your character. Once the makeup goes on you are a zombie! Please keep in character until the race is over and you leave.
· There will be a specified zone for fast zombies, IF you yearn for speed let us know early, the majority will shamble, stumble or crawl.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE FUN!!
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.